The recovery boiler is the heart of a mill and keeps the pulp production process economical from an energy and chemical point of view. As the recovery boiler is a core component, our experts focus on evaluating new and existing equipment.
In the field of engineering, we develop mass and energy balances, as balances of liquor composition, based on change in the mill process. Furthermore, we calculate mill-wide mass balance for Non Process Element (NPE) and accumulation factors to forecast and prevent problems in boilers. Our portfolio also includes benchmarking and boiler operational analyses, in order to get the boiler in an optimal operation range in terms of productivity and lifetime.
- Operation Analysis: mass and energy balance, statistical analysis, benchmarking
- Consulting for critical operational challenges like corrosion, plugging, fouling etc.
- Definitions on boiler fuel based on process changes
- Preparation of tender documents
- Supply evaluation based on customer demand
We offer lifetime assessment and quality inspection of recovery boiler with:
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Test methods like visual testing (VT), penetrate testing (PT) and magnetic particle testing (MT) and ultrasonic testing (UT)
- Material identification with X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)