With SAPP Management AG you hire a very experienced partner when it comes to a Due Diligence investigation. Due Diligence is race against time, as it involves finding answers for key question within a short period of time. Here SAPP can offer you its expertise in Process, Energy, Electrification-Instrumentation-Automation (EIA), Electric, Civil and Environmental who can ask right questions and get reliable evaluation within given time limit. As per SAPP philosophy, we offer our customer very short communication path and required flexibility which ensures very accurate and reliable way to find out the liabilities and opportunities before a business- or investment decision is made. We understand that all M & A’s are different and hence not all questions are appropriate, finding right opportunities which suits our customer and providing explicit exposer to the risk is our success mantra for good due diligence.
Technical Due Diligence
In an investment decision process, a technical due diligence aims to give our customer a complete overview of the acquiring object to facilitate final decision making. Our investigation not only involves qualitative evaluation of the physical objects but also quantitative approach by means of mill balances (Mass, electric, steam, water, chemicals). Our expertise in mill debottlenecking evaluation and mill optimization studies makes sure that the main limitation and potentials are found within a short period of time.
SAPP experts apply multidisciplinary and holistic approach to evaluate the technical condition of the mill and identify risks and opportunities linked to equipment and operational strategies:
- Production capacity evaluation with mill balances and equipment specification
- Equipment and process quality and lifetime evaluation
- Operational cost benchmarking for energy and raw material
- CAPEX requirement for achieving full mill potential
- Stay in business evaluation
- Maintenance cost evaluation for 10 years after acquisition,
- maintenance strategy evaluation,
- Identification of key maintenance needs.
- Identification of main limitations compared to best available technology
- Potential risk evaluation with mitigation recommendation
Our due diligence service helps to reduces the risks during M & A process. Our expertise in following areas helps to run M & A process in time efficient manner.
- Raw material supply and handling
- Fiber line and bleaching lines
- Chemical recovery line
- Bleaching chemical preparation plants
- Paper machines and board machines
- Power plant including power boiler, biomass boiler, recovery boiler and steam turbines
- Electric power distribution
- Water effluent treatment facilities
- Civil and structural evaluation
Environmental Due Diligence
With growing demand for the sustainable development and green future, the environmental due diligence is a crucial tool in the decision-making process during the merger and acquisitions.
It identifies critical environmental topics of the facilities our customers intend to purchase.
The environmental due diligence involves analyzing the current operational status as well as investigation of past operational reminiscences in respect to the emissions and contaminations. It also involves gap analysis to identify the required investment needed for achieving the local as well as BAT standards.
We help our customers by evaluating the current environmental situation of the facility focusing on:
- Environmental aspects of the operation that affects soil, water, and air
- Handling of chemicals and disposal of hazardous waste that pose a risk to the environment
- Consideration of historical land use and results of soil investigations to display contaminated sites
- Comparison of emission values (effluent, dust, hazardous waste, noise) to legal limits, local obligations, and the defined values of the specific BAT reference document
- Follow-up of environmental related claims
- Identifying of cost-intensive parameters to meet environmental standards
- In cooperation with legal project partners, environmental aspects can be compared to current legal situations